Electronic Travel Authorization - ESTA Visa - application form is an online system implemented by the United States Government and managed by the Department of Homeland Security, that determines the eligibility of citizens or nationals of designated countries to travel to the United States, prior to initiating the travel.

The purpose of this application is to conduct an initial screening of passengers before opening the right to enter the United States. The online form replaces the onboard paper and customs entry requirements for all passport holders of visa waiver countries.

The Visa Waiver Program

Attention: As of January 12, 2009, all nationals or citizens of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries who plan to travel to the United States for temporary business or pleasure require an approved Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a carrier to travel by air or sea to the United States under the VWP.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) permits visa free travel to the US, if you are a citizen of one of the following countries and the conditions mentioned beneath apply to you.

Czech Republic
New Zealand
South Korea
San Marino
United Kingdom

Note: Citizens of Argentina and Uruguay may no longer enter the United States without visas.

You may travel visa free if you meet all of the following requirements:
  • You are a citizen of one of the above mentioned countries and hold a valid passport of that country .
    • Note: German passports have to be valid for the duration of stay in the U.S.
  • You are traveling for business, pleasure or transit only.
  • Your intended stay in the US does not exceed 90 days.
  • You must hold a valid return or onward ticket. Onward tickets may not end in Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean.
  • You will enter the US aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program. This applies to most airlines and shipping companies (Private or official aircraft or vessels do not meet this requirement). You will need a visa if your carrier is not a participant.

Important Information for Travelers on the Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program applies for the United States of America including Puerto Rico, Guam and the US-Virgin Islands.

After entering the US you may travel to Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean within 90 days and re-enter the US using any mode of transport. You may also enter the US without a visa traveling from Canada or Mexico for up to 90 days (please note that there will be a $6.00 fee, payable only in US dollars). You will have to show financial proof to finance your trip at the port of entry.

Please note:

Persons who enter the US on VWP must have an ESTA approval before they will be allowed to enter. If the airline carrier is unable to process the ESTA authorization, the form I-94w may still have to be filled out and retained until the final exit from the U.S. This is especially important if they plan to re-enter the U.S. from their side-trip using a non-signatory aircraft or boat. (If they re-enter by land or with a signatory carrier, they can just do a new I-94w, but if they return from the sidetrip by private boat, they’re in trouble unless they have retained their valid I-94w from the original admission.)

You will then simply have to fill in a short form on board of the air or sea carrier.

However, please note that the following travelers will need a visa in any case:

People who intend to work in the US (paid or unpaid!). This includes work as an au-pair or intern.

People who intend to stay in the US for more than 90 days.

People who intend to attend school or university in the US.

People who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from the US within the past five years.

People who have ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime (including drug trafficking).

People who have been afflicted with a serious communicable disease, or who are drug abusers or addicts.

People who have participated in the persecution of any person under the control of the Nazi Government of Germany.

People who have ever been a member or representative of a terrorist organization.

If any of the above applies to you, you are not eligible for the Visa Waiver Program and will need a visa to enter the US.


© 2018  -  Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions  |  Imprint is a non-government service provider to apply for ESTA authorization.

Here you can receive the ESTA entry permit and make use of our services. Every application is checked and processed by our support team. This will enable you to enter the USA without any difficulties, e.g. formal errors.

If you apply for your ESTA via us, the authorisation will be valid for two years from the date of issue, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

If you lose the ESTA registration number you can retrieve it free of charge for a period of two years. You can also use further services. This service costs 69 EUR and includes the 14 USD fee for the United States Border Control.

You can also fill out your application at your own risk on the website of the US Department of Homeland Security However, please note that in the case you will not have the real-time support of a member of our support team and there is a risk that you could make incorrect submissions.